Two Alfresco tips that I keep meaning to write down.
Fresh Install Error
New machine, fresh install of Alfresco, and the repository won't start.
Very early in the log file, after the sysAdmin few subsystem has loaded, this error shows up:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'avmRemoteService' defined in class path resource [alfresco/remote-services-context.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.rmi.server.ExportException: internal error: ObjID already in use
Don't panic. Take a deep breath and confirm that /etc/hosts has an entry for localhost, the full hostname, and whatever other alias you used in your global properties.
Renaming a backup
I have a set of scripts for setting up an Alfresco environment hosted at Github. One of the functions of these scripts is to snapshot a repository. This involves two steps:
- Dump the database to an SQL text file
- Copy the alf_data directory
I often have more than one install of Alfresco on my machine, and they need to have different names so as to not clash. The name is used for the DB name, the DB user name, and the directory on the filesystem. I can use the same dump in multiple environments if I rename every occurrence of the name.
Specifically, the name is found:
- in alfresco-global.properties
- the name of the DB dump
- the owner of each table in the DB dump
- the name of the data dump directory
- in data.dir.root in solr/workspace-SpacesStore/conf/solrcore.properties
- in data.dir.root in solr/archive-SpacesStore/conf/solrcore.properties
Those last two get me every time.
Other search terms that this tip can help with
- How to rename an Alfresco data directory?
- How to move an Alfresco installation?
- Solr won't start after moving Alfresco